Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Two Missing Verses
From Lent and Beyond

(referring to last Sunday's readings)
Did any of you other faithful readers note the verses that were omitted from yesterday’s ECUSA lectionary? I was very startled when yesterday’s Epistle reading began with Romans 6:3. Romans 6 has been a very important chapter for me in my personal spiritual walk and I’ve memorized much of it. So I immediately realized what verses were missing:
Rom 6:1-21 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?2 By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? (NIV)


The rest is here: http://lent.classicalanglican.net/?p=952

1 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Years ago, when I was an Episcopalian myself, I did a careful study of the Daily Office Lectionary (p. 936ff in the BCP) and found that nearly every verse in the New Testament was read at least once during the two-year cycle -- except for I Cor. 6:9-11.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home