Thursday, July 21, 2005

David Roseberry Writes the Bishop of Connecticut
7/21/05

The Rt. Rev. Andrew Smith
Diocese of Connecticut
1335 Asylum Avenue,
Hartford, CT 06105

Dear Bishop Smith,

This past week a man came to my house and shut off the electricity. I had forgotten to pay the bill while I was on vacation. I was home when the lights went out, so I ran outside and spoke to the man. I reasoned with him and pleaded with him. He listened to my situation, had compassion on me, and immediately turned the power back on. I don’t know any more about that man, but I thank God for his heart and his generosity. I paid the bill in full that afternoon.

This is the way people should behave … especially if they are leaders in the church! Paul says in Galatians 6:10 “Therefore, as we have the opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.”


The rest at titusonenine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home