Friday, July 08, 2005

Jesus and homosexuality: a reflection
8th July 2005
Bishop Peter Lee
Provincial Synod, Pinetown,
KwaZulu Natal 7th July 2005

Your Grace and leaders in the Church of this Province: Thank you for giving me this opportunity.
I am billed to give a biblical exposition and I will try to do that with a broad brush in the context of wider theological and pastoral concerns, focussing mainly on the attitudes and words of our Lord Jesus Christ as far as we can know them. I will not quote every passage in full but you will find the references in the text to be distributed. We must always ask what the meaning of a biblical study is for today and I will need to do that later if we are not to leave the text dangling entirely without context.
Let me suggest that there are three ways in to this subject: firstly, the search for a sound moral theology for Anglicans; secondly, discerning and following the mind of Christ; and thirdly, what the Holy Spirit of God is saying now.


Article here: http://www.anglican-mainstream.net/news05070801.asp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home