Monday, July 18, 2005

The Power of Paradox
Stalking the Good Life
BreakPoint with Charles Colson


Over the past weeks, I have done dozens of interviews about The Good Life, my just-released book, and, of course, Deep Throat.

If you saw any of these interviews, you would know that I startled a lot of interviewers when they asked about Watergate, and I responded I was grateful that I went to prison. When I told Aaron Brown, "Thank God for Watergate," he looked stunned.

But I meant it. One of the great truths I've discovered, one I discuss at length in The Good Life, is that life is filled with paradoxes. Things are not the way we think they're going to be. For example, I've learned the greatest lessons in my life through suffering and defeats. And that's the pattern of the cross, isn't it? The great paradox: Adversity can produce the greatest blessings.

More: http://www.pfm.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=BreakPoint1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home