Thursday, September 29, 2005

Showers of Mercy
Dr. J. Vernon McGee

O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid; O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy. (Habakkuk 3:2)

Habakkuk's song is wonderful; it is a beautiful prayer. Habakkuk says, "O Lord, I have heard Thy speech." In other words, God has answered him. God has said to him, "You think that I am not doing anything about the sins of My people, but I am. I am preparing a nation. But when I am through with the Chaldeans, I am going to judge them, and I will judge them on a righteous basis." God was moving to bring Babylon down.

The very interesting thing is that Habakkuk now reverses himself. What is he afraid of? Well, he had thought that God wasn't doing anything. Now he is afraid the Lord is doing too much!

the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home