Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Cultivating Faith with the 'Unplugged Gospel'
Book Review by Cindy O'Halloran
October 4, 2005

(AgapePress) - Rich Wagner, author of The Gospel Unplugged: Turning Up the Volume on Songs That Rock Your Soul (Revell, 2005), has plugged into a whole new way of expressing faith in Jesus through song.

"I actually approached Unplugged totally as an author who is a music fan, not as a professional or even an amateur musician/songwriter. However, I've seen how God has been able to use music to majorly impact my Christian walk, even if He's not gifted me in that area," says Wagner.

Wagner was amazed at how God used Unplugged to speak to him as he wrote the book. "It seemed like each chapter enabled me to deal with an aspect of my walk," he recalls. Wagner harkens back to writing the "More" chapter featuring the songs "Meant to Live" by Switchfoot and "We Have Forgotten" by Sixpence None the Richer. Each song deals with the issue of making the most of your life.

The rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home