Saturday, November 05, 2005

God is "Not Locked Up" in the Bible --
Bishop Robinson Speaks His Mind
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2005 at 3:47 pm ET

The Guardian [London] reports that Bishop Gene Robinson -- the first openly homosexual bishop of the Episcopal Church USA, met this week with Dr. Rowan Williams, the Archbishop of Canterbury, in London. According to the paper, the crisis sparked by Bishop Robinson's election and consecration was a primary focus of the meeting. From the report: During the meeting, officially described by Lambeth Palace as friendly but candid, Dr. Rowan Williams and Bishop Robinson discussed the crisis and also prayed together. The encounter coincided with a new escalation of the church's turmoil as three lay evangelicals, belonging to an Anglican church in south London, were ordained in an unofficial service by a bishop of a separate South African church during a ceremony attended by a number of Church of England conservative evangelical clergy.

More: Bishop Robinson, who was elected to head the diocese of New Hampshire in 2003 even though he lives with his male partner, told the Guardian yesterday he was not ashamed of his sexual orientation and believed he had no reason for repentence, as conservatives across the world have demanded. "It is not something of which I should repent and I have no intention of doing so," he said. "I have been led to understand that I am loved by God just as I am. That is not to say I am perfect but it is my belief that my orientation is value-neutral. It is what I do with my relationship that God really cares about.
The rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home