Friday, December 02, 2005

Think the Universities Are Bad? Beware Your Christian College ...
By Matt Friedeman
December 1, 2005

(AgapePress) - I'll give this to the University of Kansas -- when I wanted to do a largely evangelical dissertation on Jesus, they let me. And, they afforded me enormous latitude in bringing the project to completion. My professors and advisor didn't flinch.

Since it was my third degree from that institution, I was, frankly, elated with the outcome. I had attended the school for seven years as a theological, political, cultural and moral conservative. In other words, I learned necessary survival skills at this "Berkeley of the Midwest": keep your head down, save your breath in debate, and recognize that the opinions from the administration to the classroom to the school paper were going to consistently be way left of center. Public resistance would not be rewarded.

The year is now 2005. The Kansas State Board of Education decided to include more criticism of evolution in its standards for science teaching and hence treat intelligent design with more respect. The religious studies department of the University of Kansas has decided to retaliate with a course called "Special Topics in Religion: Intelligent Design, Creationism and other Religious Mythologies."
Story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home