Monday, January 02, 2006

Worldviews at Work -- "Happy to Have Evolved"
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2006 at 3:54 am ET

With this posting, we begin a new feature for 2006 -- Worldviews at Work. These articles will draw attention to the impact of worldviews on the way people think about the issues of the day. We'll be looking for examples of what happens when people actually draw the necessary conclusions that their worldviews would require -- and what happens when they do not.

The January 1, 2006 issue of
The New York Times featured an opinion column by Olivia Judson, an evolutionary biologist at London's Imperial Hospital. In "Why I'm Happy I Evolved," she gushes about her pleasure in being the product of purely natural and material forces and processes.

She argues:
Some people want to think of humans as the product of a special creation, separate from other living things. I am not among them; I am glad it is not so. I am proud to be part of the riot of nature, to know that the same forces that produced me also produced bees, giant ferns and microbes that live at the bottom of the sea.


The rest-Albert Mohler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home