Friday, February 09, 2007

My neighbors to the north of Syracuse:
More to come
No letup in sight for a few days; hundreds of emergency calls taken
Friday, February 09, 2007
By Douglass Dowty Staff writer

A prodigious snowstorm pounded Oswego County for a fifth day Thursday, leading county and state officials to declare snow emergencies as nonprofits struggled to stay open for the needy and elderly.

And the worst might be still to come: Lake-effect squalls are expected to hang around for the next few days, according to the National Weather Service.

"We could be looking at snow here in historic proportions," said Parish town Supervisor Stephen Stelmashuck, after watching 88 inches fall since Sunday. "I had my driveway completely clear when I went to bed, and when I got up this morning, there was snow up to my waist. This is the worst it's been over a long period I've seen here."
the rest

Please pray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home