Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ruth Gledhill weblog: Canon Bill Atwood to become Bishop
June 13, 2007

'This could be the start of something very big,' says a commenter on StandFirm, about George Conger's news in Living Church of Bill Atwood's pending consecration in August. Jonathan Petre picked up on it also and Thinking Anglicans has some links. Canon Atwood is the man behind Ekklesia, one of the leading traditionalist organisations in the US. We've posted a story on it online. Meanwhile, more on that covenant. I have rather lost my thread on this whole covenant business. Again, you can catch up, if you can follow it all, on Thinking Anglicans, but I've been forwarded an interesting and amusing General Synod document on the covenant which I am reproducing before. I'm not sure if it has already appeared anywhere or not, I would guess it is some kind of response to the one the other Jonathan wrote about the other day. But it is new to me at least and so might be to some of you. Anway, what I enjoyed most about this latest document was its suggestion of who is to blame for the 'crisis' in the Anglican Church. It is of course me. And Jonathan. And possibly even Stephen. Invitation to Lambeth, anyone? the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home