Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A Journey from ConCom to FedCom?
BabyBlueOnline
Tuesday, August 07, 2007

We find ourselves this evening sitting here in the newest coffee establishment in Dupont Circle.

I've been thinking (sometimes rather irreverently) about the current "conversation" going on over at StandFirm between what Sarah Hey has described as the Conservative Communion folks (ConComs) and the Federal Communion folks (FedComs). The ConComs are those who are working within the current Episcopal Church structures while the FedComs are working outside those structures. I find myself somewhere in between. I have been a ConCom for over twenty years. How did I become a ConCom and how do I now find myself in a FedCom boat?In around 1984 I went to an organization meeting of The National Organization of Episcopalians for Life.

For the next seven years I worked as the editor of The NOEL News and learned not only about political and theological advocacy, but more and more about the wider church beyond the walls of Truro Church in Fairfax.
the rest -Excellent!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home