Thursday, September 06, 2007

Remarks by the Rt. Rev. John Guernsey at his Consecration in Uganda
(Church of Uganda News)
2nd September 2007
St. James Cathedral, Mbarara, Uganda

Mukama Asiimwe! Mukama Asiimwe! [Praise the Lord!]

I want to thank the Archbishop and the Bishops of the Church of Uganda for this surprising call. When I first came to Uganda in 1989, little did I know that one day I would become a priest in North Kigezi Diocese – what a blessing that has been! – and then be consecrated a bishop in the Church of Uganda. But God's thoughts are not our thoughts and His ways are not our ways!

I give thanks and praise to the Lord Jesus Christ who saved me when I was a young boy. I was born to Christian parents, but by the grace of God I came to understand that the faith of my parents was not enough. I needed to turn to Jesus Christ for myself. I put my trust in Him and I was born again, and by His mercy I have walked with Him ever since.


the rest at TitusOneNine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home