Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Albany Diocese: The Bishop Love Writes his Diocese About New Orleans and the Anglican Communion
Posted by Kendall Harmon

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

As most of you are well aware, the House of Bishops of the Episcopal Church met September 19th -25th in New Orleans. Immediately following was a meeting of The Common Cause Partnership, held in Pittsburgh, September 25th - 28th. I attended both meetings, the second of which as an observer. Rather than come out with some statement immediately upon my return, I felt it necessary to take a few days to pray and reflect on all that occurred, as well as deal with all the diocesan business that was awaiting me upon my return. I would now like to share some of my thoughts and observations. I greatly appreciate your patience.

Regarding the House of Bishops’ Meeting, there were some hopeful things that occurred, as well as some frustrating and disappointing things, all of which I will speak more about in the following response. The main task confronting the bishops going into the meeting was how to respond to the February 2007 Dar es Salaam Communiqué from the Primates of the Anglican Communion.

Essentially we were asked to make a clear response to four areas of concern:
the rest at TitusOneNine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home