Monday, October 29, 2007

Why Some Evangelicals are Throwing Out Birth Control
Barbara Curtis
Crosswalk.com Contributor

“Are those all your children?” Over the years I’ve heard this question hundreds of times. Even with half my kids in tow, we stimulate the curiosity of the most socially cautious, who want to know how many we have, whether they’re all our own, if we’ve figured out where they came from, and when we’ll be finished having them.

“Are you Catholic?” they ask. “Are you Mormon?” Puzzled that a pair of everyday people would willingly trade fancy cars and dream vacations for fifteen-passenger vans and doctor visits galore.

I must admit I’ve had my moments. Like when we had six simultaneously in braces – top and bottom. I shook my fist at heaven Fiddler-on-the-Roof style: “Is this really what it’s all about? Building a swimming pool for our orthodontist and otherwise driving the American economy?”

Of course that’s not what it’s about, as God has made clear that he intended us to enjoy children as a blessing and reward from Him.

the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home