Tuesday, March 18, 2008

To encourage others: The canon-legal conundrum
By Fr. Tony Clavier
March 16, 2008

Excerpt: "No one deplores schism more than I. “I’ve been there, done that” as the saying goes. Nor do I suggest that there should not be serious consequences if someone, in what ever Order, willfully breaks our discipline. BUT I must say loudly that nothing has offended me more or sickened me -and that includes some actions of GC 2003- more than the activities of our leaders and their use of “law” during the past few months. There seems to be a ruthlessness, a bloodlessness, and a determination to proceed whatever our Canons may suggest, whether authority is clearly given or not, all because of a present crisis. The nearest parallel I can see is to be found in the post 9/11 activities of the present administration. This will come back to bite us."

Full Commentary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home