Thursday, April 03, 2008

Morning Bible Story at the Kennedy house

Morning Bible Story

Matt: This morning we're reading about Daniel in the Lion's Den. (We're going in order, through the Old Testament.)
Emma: Oh Good, that's my favorite.
Aedan: And there's lions.
Matt: Right. Now King Darius,
Me walking through in an unpleasant (should I say 'hostile' morning stupor: Its Darius.
Matt: King Darius made a decree that everyone needed to worship and pray to ....(reads the story).... What do you think? If you were Daniel, would you go and pray in your open window or worship the king?
Emma: I would pray to Jesus.
Aedan: Me too.
Matt: What if God chose not to close the mouths of the lions?
Emma: I would still pray to Jesus.
Matt: What about you Aedan?
Aedan (scornfully): No. I don't want to be eaten by lions.
Emma: That's why the man is coming to take our house and church. Because we were worshiping Jesus?
Matt: More or less, but Jesus always provides for us, even when we have to suffer.
Emma: I know.

Anne Kennedy's blog: An Undercurrent of Hostility image

(Somehow this really struck me as a really great metaphor: TEC vs. all the Daniels out there)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home