Friday, August 29, 2008

MSNBC: McCain picks Palin as running mate

Popular Alaska governor to be first female Republican VP nominee
MSNBC and NBC News
posted 8/29/08

WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain has chosen Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate, NBC News has learned.

She would be the first woman ever to serve on a Republican presidential ticket. The pro-life Palin would also be the first Alaskan ever to appear on a national ticket.

Palin, 44, was elected Alaska's first woman governor in 2006. The state’s voters had grown weary of career politician Gov. Frank Murkowski, whom she defeated in the GOP primary. the rest image

NYT: McCain Chooses Palin as Running Mate

LATimes: John McCain picks Alaska's Gov. Sarah Palin as his VP

April 2008: Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin Gives Birth to Down Baby Despite Abortion Pressure

1 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After listening to Obama's speech of accepting the Democratic Nomination, I expressed that Sen. McCain is really going to have to pull a rabbit out of his hat to keep his republician voters..increase the passion of his ideas. Well, congratulations, I know I felt the passion rise up when I heard the news of Gov. Palin accepting the VP nomination. On a news commentary showing Gov. Palin stating that she really didn't know what the VP does while in office, I asked myself the same question and couldn't think of anything that was really noted except that VP Cheney is a bit trigger happy, and while Al Gore was in office, I can't recall anything that jumps out at me. I feel that I speak for a majority of the people if asked that question..sure they support the President, but I feel that Gov. Palin is a "mover and a shaker" and while making that statement, she was ensuring that she could continue to work (granted on a much larger scale), but to work in that capacity. I imagine with the impact of everything that has happen to her, she may not have had a quiet moment to reflect her possibilites.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home