Friday, August 08, 2008

Pelosi says she’s never been denied Communion: “It depends on the bishop”

Pelosi insists again that she’s “Catholic,” says she’s never been denied Communion
August 7, 2008

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-San Francisco, whose longtime support for homosexual rights and abortion has made her the darling of groups like Planned Parenthood, NARAL and the Human Rights Campaign, has once again made it a point to describe herself as “Catholic.”

In a Sunday, Aug. 3, interview about her recently published book Know Your Power: A Message to America's Daughters for the C-SPAN network’s “Q&A” program, host Brian Lamb asked Pelosi, “The one word I read several times in your book is the word ‘faith.’ And you wrote, ‘Growing up Catholic had an enormous impact on me -- greater, I am certain, than growing up in a political family.’ Why?”

Pelosi responded, “Well, I think it’s self-evident, I mean, I make that statement because everybody knows that I grew up in a political family. But faith was a very – is and has been a very important part of my family life growing up and now. And it informs my decision-making, my value system and my sense of responsibility to the community. And it is a joy in my life.” the rest image

Casey to get prime-time slot in Denver to appease Catholics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home