Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Devotional: I'm pressing on the upward way...

I'm pressing on the upward way,
New heights I'm gaining every day;
Still praying as I'm onward bound,
"Lord, plant my feet on higher ground."

My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these abound,
My prayer, my aim is higher ground.

I want to live above the world,
Though Satan's darts at me are hurled;
For faith has caught the joyful sound,
The song of saints on higher ground.

I want to scale the utmost height
And catch a gleam of glory bright;
But still I'll pray, 'til heaven I've found
"Lord, lead me on to higher ground."

Lord, lift me up and let me stand
By faith on heaven's table-land,
A higher plane than I have found:
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
...Johnson Oatman Jr. image

To the readers of this blog:
May the Lord Jesus bless and lead you to ever higher ground as you enter the New Year. May you leave behind all that holds you back- fear, regret, guilt-and move forward in your life of faith, running the race set before you, seeking His will and not your own, and may you know the peace of Him who holds our lives in the palm of His hand and trust in His sovereign mercy for all things!
A happy and blessed New Year to all!-Pat Dague

1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this wonderful old hymn. I can't count the times I played it for my grandmother, she sitting on the piano bench beside me, singing it together. It's a very precious memory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home