Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Liturgy: the common language for Christians across the world

March 23, 2009

I know almost enough Spanish to be dangerous.

Through my exposure to Spanish radio, TV and newspapers, and even overheard conversations in Spanish while waiting in line at Taco Bell, I have picked up a word here, a phrase there over the years. Still, my comprehension leaves a little to be desired.

So, when I recently attended a house blessing with my Honduran friend Maria and Spanish-speaking members of her Hispanic church, I felt a little behind the curve. We spent a Sunday afternoon going from room to room in the house, praying that God would protect all the people who lived there, and that His powerful, beneficent influence would be felt in that place.

All the prayer was conducted in Spanish, but I was saved from utter incomprehension by just a few things. the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home