Wednesday, July 15, 2009

When Abortion Kills Twice: The Abortion/ Breast Cancer Link

by Tom Hoopes
7/14/09

Excerpt:
Gail was changed. She knew what breast-cancer patients suffer -- the cancer can go to your lungs and makes you suffocate. It can get in your bones and make them so brittle that you can break a hip turning in bed. Then there's the debilitating treatments she knew lay ahead, the surgery that, victims say, strikes at their very identity as women. If you survive the disease, you worry constantly about relapse.

Surgeons helped. Gail realized that radical mastectomy was her only choice. "My emotions were raw and tender," she says. "I was so angry! Angry at God, angry at my new body, angry at the world. I sought counseling and tried desperately to understand why God would put me in this situation."

"It was at that time that I plunged head-first into the research, trying to find a cause for my own cancer," she says. She checked off the risk factors that she didn't have: no family history, no abnormalities with her menstrual cycle, no estrogen treatments. But then she remembered one she'd read about before, one that she was trying hard not to think about.

Gail had an abortion when she was 18. the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home