Friday, September 25, 2009

Anglican Bishop Minns tells Lutherans to leave



By Julia Duin
Sept. 25, 2009 into Belief Blog

I was just about to go to bed at 1 a.m. today when I saw that the Convocation of Anglicans in North America (CANA) - one of several groups representing the 100,000 or so Episcopalians who have left their denomination for more conservative climes - has posted a video for the benefit of a this weekend's Lutheran CORE meeting near Indianapolis. I last wrote about that here.

Lutheran CORE has drawn 1,200+ folks to a meeting to discuss what future - if any - conservatives have in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America now that that the denomination has OK'd gay clergy as of last month. The CORE folks have given every indication they're heading out the door to form a new group or join with other dissident Lutheran groups. Story

1 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger Tregonsee said...

I know I am old fashioned in more than theology; I address a priest as Father and then his last name rather than first. Still, it seems to me he would have come across better with his collar on, if not full regalia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home