Sunday, November 29, 2009

Death comes for an Oklahoma monk

November 27, 2009
Zoe Romanowsky

A friend sent me an article about the death of a monk in Oklahoma. I can't locate the piece online, but I wanted to share some of the story, because it's not often you get to read about remarkable monks and monasteries here in the United States.

Father Francois de Feydeau was 57 years old when he passed away from incurable brain cancer on November 15th. He was one of 13 monks who arrived from France 10 years ago to found Clear Creek Monastery near Lost City, Oklahoma. He was laid to rest in a grove of pine trees he planted a few years ago. Here's part of the article published in the Tahlequah Daily Press, which also ran Fr. de Feydeau's obituary. [Because the article is not available online, I'm quoting more than I normally would.] the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home