Monday, December 14, 2009

Devotional: I no longer want just to hear about you, beloved Lord...

I no longer want just to hear about you, beloved Lord, through messengers. I no longer want to hear doctrines about you, nor to have my emotions stirred by people speaking of you. I yearn for your presence.

These messengers simply frustrate and grieve me, because they remind me of how distant I am from you. They reopen wounds in my heart, and they seem to delay your coming to me. From this day onwards please send me no more messengers, no more doctrines, because they cannot satisfy my overwhelming desire

for you.

I want to give myself completely to you.

And I want you to give yourself completely to me.

The love which you show in glimpses, reveal to me fully. The love which you convey through messengers, speak it to me directly...


...Come to me with the priceless jewel of your love.”
...St. John of the Cross image

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home