Monday, February 15, 2010

Bishop Anderson on the Church of England's Vote

February 12, 2010
by The Rt. Rev. David C. Anderson
AAC President and CEO

Beloved in Christ,

Let me begin my report this week by apologizing for missing my filing last week. I was indeed traveling, this time by air, and just couldn't put a report together. As it happens, the Rev. Phil Ashey, our AAC Chief Operating Officer, was with me and we were in transit to London to gather information concerning the General Synod of the Church of England (CofE) and the Private Member's Motion (PMM) put forward by Lorna Ashworth, which expressed a desire for the CofE to be in communion with the new Anglican Church in North America (AC-NA). At the Synod, Bishop Mike Hill of Bristol filed an amendment which reworded the body of Lorna's motion and was in reality a substitute motion, and then others filed additional proposed amendments either to Lorna's motion or to Bishop Hill's amendment. I needed to be up close to see this all unfold and to understand what was being said and what it would mean in plain North American English to those of us on the Western side of the Great Pond. the rest

The Rev. Phil Ashey: Why I return with hope from the Church of England General Synod

CANA Welcomes General Synod Affirmation of ACNA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home