Friday, April 23, 2010

The Bible in 66 Verses

by Sarah Wilson
April 05, 2010

I can’t imagine that this has never been done before, but the idea popped into my head one day and it seemed like an interesting exercise to try. The rules I imposed on myself were that each book of the Bible had to be represented by one single, whole verse (no convenient deletions, like we do with the psalms in worship), and no more than that one verse (inspiring lines spanning two or more verses were out)...

I can’t imagine that this has never been done before, but the idea popped into my head one day and it seemed like an interesting exercise to try. The rules I imposed on myself were that each book of the Bible had to be represented by one single, whole verse (no convenient deletions, like we do with the psalms in worship), and no more than that one verse (inspiring lines spanning two or more verses were out). the rest image: House of Sims


Genesis
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. (1:1)

Exodus
“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.” (20:2)

Leviticus
“Speak to all the congregation of the people of Israel and say to them, ‘You shall be holy, for I the Lord your God am holy.’” (9:2)

Numbers
Whenever the ark set out, Moses said, “Arise, O Lord, and let Your enemies be scattered, and let those who hate You flee before You.” (10:35)

Deuteronomy
“Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one.” (6:4)
...
and so on

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home