Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Oregon Doctor Warns Canadians to Reject Assisted Suicide Legislation

By Thaddeus M. Baklinski
PORTLAND, Oregon
April 6, 2010

(LifeSiteNews.com) - A doctor practicing in one of the two U.S. states where physician-assisted suicide is legal has written an open letter to Canadians advising them to beware of the "misguided legislation" of Bill C-384, the bill that would legalize euthanasia and assisted suicide in Canada.

"A message to my Canadian neighbors" was written by Dr. William Toffler, the national director of Physicians for Compassionate Care in Portland Oregon, a national organization of physicians who oppose euthanasia and assisted suicide in the U.S.

Dr. Toffler writes that, "Since assisted suicide has become an option in my state of Oregon, I have had at least a dozen patients discuss this choice with me in my practice. Most of the patients who have broached this issue weren’t even terminal." the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home