Monday, April 05, 2010

What Obamacare will cost doctors

April 05, 2010
Chris Link, MD

One of the most interesting, if unanticipated, effects of posting YouTube videos is managing the "comments" section. I have a series of politically oriented song parodies that I have posted over the past eight months. The first, "One Single Payer System", has more than one million views (thanks to links posted in blogs such as The American Thinker). However, I did not realize I would be taking up the job of de facto moderator for a running debate with more than 1,200 entries in the case of "Single Payer".

One post asked a very good question: "Why can't we just put everyone in the country on Medicare?" Aside from the problem of a huge expansion in the unfunded obligations for the Medicare program, currently estimated to be $89 trillion, my immediate thought was that you can't stay in business as a physician at Medicare reimbursement rates.

I used my specialty, anesthesiology, to illustrate the problem. Using the best information I could find and the example of my own solo practice, I came up with some sobering figures. the rest

Hugh Hewitt: The president's popularity plunge
The president's popularity is plummeting -- down to a 44 percent approval rating in the most recent, post-Obamacare CBS poll -- and his rhetoric is getting angrier as he tours the country demanding that critics of Obamacare shut up.

A FORREST GUMP LOOK AT HEALTHCARE REFORM
Quote from Dr. Watson: “Dr. Leo Alexander wrote, “Science under dictatorship becomes subordinated to the guiding philosophy of the dictatorship.” No statement better describes Obamacare, and every doctor who will defend his/her patients should read “Medical Science Under Dictatorship” to understand just how close we are to dictatorship. Then each doctor can OPT OUT of Medicare and fight as a free man, or wait and struggle against his/her chains of captivity.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home