Friday, May 14, 2010

Out loud

Written by Andrée Seu
May 14, 2010

The main thing I have to say about speaking out loud to God is that I need to do it somehow.

Partly it’s as basic as being able to disentangle my prayers from the stream of random thoughts in my mind: When you pray out loud you know you’ve prayed. Also, prayer that percolates up to the lips, even if in barely a whisper, packs a force that stands a fighting chance against the screaming banshees of desire and mutiny. I pray out loud because the battle in me is fierce and so prayer must be fierce.

That’s just for openers. But the Bible hints at a greater mystery. Romans 10:9-10 links our very salvation to what we confess out loud as well as to what we believe. It is a very strong statement:

“. . . if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.”

the rest image

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home