Thursday, November 04, 2010

What Does God Really Look Like?

November 03, 2010
By Marcia Morrissey

I come at this question from a little different point of view. I lost my sight when I was 24 years old. I am totally blind, and have never seen my husband, son, daughter-in-law, or two precious granddaughters. I know them intimately -- they are the closest people to me in my life -- but I have never "seen" them. My son, David was born about four years after I lost my sight, and I was blind when I met and married my husband, Ed.

Yet I do "see" them. I can see them profoundly, in so many other ways. Through my other senses I "see" them. I can touch them, hear them, know them in the inside; their personalities, and all that that involves -- ups, downs, moods and more. the rest
I really don't have to know what they, or God really looks like now. I know, love, and have an intimate relationship with my family, friends, and with God, and that is enough for me. That is true sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home