Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Obama Administration Youth Summit: Gov’t ‘Has Finally Come Out of the Closet'

Monday, June 06, 2011
By Penny Starr

(CNSNews.com) – Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius spoke at the first “Federal LGBT Youth Summit” on Monday after being introduced by a homosexual on her staff, who said the secretary “gets us” and is “tireless” in her support of lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender youth.

“Your federal government has finally come out of the closet in support of LGBT youth,” said Pam Hyde, HHS administrator for Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services.

“It’s great to see so many young faces out there, all gay and proud,” Hyde said. the rest

A photograph of “Max” says: “In high school I dated boys. I was a straight girl. After starting college, I indentified as a card-carrying dyke. Soon I realized that what I was feeling wasn’t about sexual orientation, it was about gender. I came out as a guy the summer of ’99. Now I live my life as a gay man – a punk rock queer boy who happens to also be in love with a girl. Who knows? Maybe next year I’ll grow a tail.”

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Ralinda said...

At least some good news is buried in this story. Kevin Jennings is going to leave the Obama administration and go to work for a non-profit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home