Friday, August 10, 2012

Can You Be A Christian & Have A Political Opinion?

Wednesday, August 8, 2012
by Perry Noble

I’m ready for this presidential election to be over, right now–TODAY! (I think I heard an “amen” somewhere!) I already know who I am going to vote for (most people do) and yet I am still going to have to watch these guys spend millions of dollars telling me how bad the other person is and saying things that an “expert” told them to say in order to appease a particular group of people.

It makes some people nervous that I am a pastor AND that I have a political opinion (a pretty strong one if you want to know the truth.) I’ve heard the argument that Christians are too political…and that if you are a Christian then you should not express your political opinion. (And, let’s be honest, this belief is commonly held by people who are typically not Christians and also have strong political opinions. Translation: If you are not just like me then you are not allowed to think. Hmmm…) the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home