Monday, September 17, 2012

New blogger interface stinks!

September 17, 2012

Blogger has now forced its new  interface on me.  It is not supported well by my internet explorer.  I can blog in Chrome, but it doesn't change the fact that the new interface is much more confusing and complicated to use. It actually wiped out my posting for today. 

 I have seen a lot of complaints on various forums as to all the difficulties many bloggers are having with this. The old interface was simple and easy to use, especially for those of us who are computer challenged.  I am not sure I can continue to blog as I cannot justify the extra time that would be needed to try to get a posting up.  

Will be praying about it!   
Pat Dague

* Update: Well, my computer-savvy son Ryan came over for supper and tweaked one button (something called "compatibility view") which I had somehow turned on. Of course I had no idea it existed or what it does, but I can now blog again in IE8 with the new interface. Thanks Ryan (and Robin Jordan) for your concern and help!

2 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Robin G. Jordan said...

Pat,

I blog in Chrome but use Explorer to search for articles and photos. I cannot copy photos with Chrome and if I am using "HTML" on Blogger rather than "Compose," I have found that I must copy the link before pasting it. "Compose" does not impose this limitation. However, I prefer to work in "HTML" as "Compose" add things. With the original Heritage Anglican Network, I experienced a similar problem with Wordpress, which is why I switched to Blogger.

What I do is work in "HTML" and then switch to "Compose" for links and photos.

.... bold
.... italics
....
break
The cat ran.
The dog ran after the cat.
....

break, space
The cat ran.

The dog ran after the cat.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Robin G. Jordan said...

Blogger edited out what I wrote about HTML tags. If you need help, email me at truevineanglicanatyahoodotcom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home