Tuesday, August 12, 2014

An Interview with Anglican Archbishop Foley Beach

Jacob Stubbs IRD
August 12, 2014

Transitioning into his new role, the recently elected Archbishop Foley Beach of the Anglican Church in North America (ACNA) kindly shared some of his time to explain his vision for the ACNA’s social engagement in an interview with Jacob Stubbs for IRD.
  1. Jacob: “Can you tell us a brief version of your testimony? How did the situation in which you grew up shape your call to pastoral ministry? How has it shaped your social vision for the Anglican Church?”
o   Abp. Beach: “Well, I think the simplest way is, I was raised in a broken home. Out of that brokenness, I got involved in the Baptist church where I received Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I then went off to high school and got involved in the ministry of Young Life, which really helped shape me and get my relationship with the Lord on track. This influenced me in many different ways. Because I was in and out of so many different schools, I learned how to relate to many people. So, when people are walking in a crowd or seeing people come into our church that I don’t know, it’s not difficult for me to meet them. I think another aspect is that it has given me a sensitivity to the brokenness in our families and the need of the church, in the name of Jesus, try to minister and care for the broken people in our midst. Of course, in the culture, that brokenness exists as well. And so, trying to have a heart for people in pain and bringing God’s healing touch through Jesus, I think that’s a big part of how the situation in which I grew up shaped me.” 
the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home